Grinders and separators for professionals
For protection and optimization of applications and media
When a customer is looking for a grinding technology, the only thing that usually counts is whether the technology meets the requirements, i.e. whether the grinder can handle the medium and application. The details as to whether it's a single-shaft grinder, twin-shaft grinder or a combination of grinders and pumps is usually a secondary consideration or entirely irrelevant. To protect downstream components, however, additional foreign matter separators and/or heavy material separators are often advisable.
That's why at Vogelsang, we differentiate between the following types of cutters and separators:
- Solid matter grinders: A grinding technology such as the RedUnit reduces the particle size of solid matter to enable further processing without any problems.
- Wet grinders: These grinders (RotaCut/XRipper) mainly come in contact with liquid media and shred any disruptive matter they contain.
- Separators: Active separators such as the DebrisCatcher free the liquid medium of undesired foreign matter that cannot be reduced by a grinder.
Our grinders and separator series
The wet cutter
- Reliably macerates fibers and foreign matter in liquid media
- Protects downstream system components from damage caused by foreign matter
- Prevents blockages and clogging of pumps, fittings and pipe systems
- Reduces the viscosity and homogenizes liquids and suspensions
- Prevents floating layers
The wastewater grinder
- Economical shredding of solid and disruptive matter such as wet wipes, wood, fabric, trash, and waste
- Efficient protection for pumps and system components from clogging, blockages, and damage
- Always ready for operation thanks to straightforward maintenance
- Added reliability thanks to cartridge mechanical seal technology
Tailored solids reduction
- Individual engineering unit
- Compact and sturdy
- High availability thanks to quick and easy service
- Added safety due to cartridge mechanical seal technology
- Low electricity consumption
Active heavy material separation
- Prevents damage due to foreign matter such as stones and metal parts
- Prevents blockages of pumps, gate valves and valves
- High throughput with low power requirements
- Sturdy and robust thanks to counter bearing
The right grinding technology for every application
The special features of Vogelsang grinding and separation technology
As an experienced manufacturer of grinding technology and separation systems, we are continuously further developing our products. Because they are relied upon in a diverse range of applications and sectors, we have the opportunity to learn more about our customers' specific requirements, which allows us not only to deliver solutions for everyday problems, but also to select and deliver appropriate products to cater to highly individual processes.
Wet grinders – grinding technology for liquid media
The waste water and agriculture sectors, as well as biogas plants, primarily require pumping of liquid media. This usually contains foreign matter that can result in problems in downstream systems.
For instance, pumps can become clogged due to wet wipes or entangled material. Customers can rely on the wet grinders from Vogelsang to effectively combat these problems. The XRipper twin-shaft grinder is available in various versions and can be installed inline, directly inside the channel, or in open shafts and pits upstream of inlets and discharges. The self-cleaning ripper rotors run at different speeds to shred the disruptive matter that the waste water may contain, such as hygienic products, textiles and garbage.
Thanks to its integrated heavy material separator, the RotaCut can separate out foreign matter contained in the waste water for removal at a later time. Floating matter is then effectively shredded with a contact-based cutting principle. The RotaCut disintegrates the waste water and homogenizes sludges. Not only does this prevents blockages and protect downstream systems, it also results in cost savings.
Use of wet grinders in agriculture makes sense primarily if the foreign matter contained in the liquid manure can cause problems. For instance, the RotaCut serves to protect pumps on tankers as well as for homogenization of the liquid manure during spreading. The less viscous and more homogeneous liquid manure is, the better.
The RotaCut wet grinder is also a favorite with biogas plants for disintegrating substrates as well as protecting pumps. By grinding fibrous foreign matter, for instance, it makes the organic suspension more homogeneous. The lower viscosity prevents the formation of floating layers, which lowers the energy consumption of the mixers. The plant operator can therefore rely on smooth operation while also saving energy costs.
Solid matter grinders – making solid matter pumpable
The RedUnit solid matter grinder is a combination of pumping and grinding technology designed specially for the food and recycling industry. The medium is first run through a coarse grinding stage, which can optionally be followed by a more defined grinding stage, including foreign matter separation. It is also possible to add liquid in order to enable mixing and further pumping of the medium.
Potential industrial applications for the solid matter grinders include grinding of organic waste, such as fruit and vegetables, and grinding of crops. Fish and abattoir waste such as fish bones, entrails, bones and skin can be easily processed with this grinding technology. Other waste, such as a mixture of organic waste and plastic garbage, can be easily handled.
Protect downstream systems from solid matter with foreign matter separators
Separation technology solutions by Vogelsang offer optimal protection of downstream components against damage or clogging caused by foreign matter, such as stones, metal, wood or similar undesired materials. Depending on the application or task, the separators can be designed as purely passive gravity foreign matter separators or, especially with high viscosity media, they can actively optimize solid matter separation via electrically driven rakes. The foreign matter separators are especially favored for applications such as liquid manure technology, biogas plants and the waste water sector, as well as many other industrial applications. They are primarily used for pump protection to prevent clogging in pipe systems as well as to safeguard downstream processes. Vogelsang takes great care to ensure that foreign matter is reliably filtered out, with minimal loss of the desired medium. Our special design allows the foreign matter separators to be used without modification for separating out many types of undesired materials, such as stones, metal or wood. The generously dimensioned interior of these devices serves to reduce flow speed and calm the medium, thereby minimizing mechanical work and rotation speeds – which reduces energy consumption.