A new dimension in precision
- High distribution precision thanks to optimized precision distributor position and sophisticated hose layout
- More precise liquid manure spreading with optimized manure discharge and new skid shape
- High stability thanks to vibration cancellation technology in the leaf springs
- Long service life for linkages, hoses and skids
- Easy assembly and retrofitting on any tanker
Click on an icon to know more.
Superior nutrient absorption thanks to precise spreading with the BlackBird
The nutrients in the liquid manure only have the optimum effect if they are placed where the crops can absorb them best. This is why every single element of Vogelsang’s BlackBird trailing shoe system is designed to offer maximum precision.
The BlackBird gets its name from the nozzle of the trailing shoes, which have a long, beak-like shape that slows down the flow rate of the liquid manure before it leaves the dis-charge. This unusual geometry is the result of our flow simulations, and allows the liquid manure to be deposited at the base of the plants in a controlled manner that does not cause splashes or contaminate the plants. Its new, pointed shape helps the BlackBird’s skids penetrate the soil better, and also improves service life.
In addition to this, the centrally positioned precision distributor and sophisticated hose layout also help to improve the precision of the trailing shoe. The fact that the hoses are all the same length also plays a significant role in this. At the same time, the sophisticated hose layout prevents the system from creating V-shaped grooves at the start of its furrow. The discharge hoses are black for optimum UV resistance.
Take a look at the new BlackBird
NEW: BlackBird prototype with up to 24 meters working width
Uniquely adaptable – Stays consistently on the ground
The BlackBird as you know it – and yet completely new, in working widths of 21 and 24 meters. The BlackBird’s advantages, such as unbeatable precision and distribution accuracy, high stability, long service life and simple assembly, also come as standard with this variant. But we know that we can do even better! The adjustment of the linkage relative to the ground also decisively contributes to the optimal placement of liquid manure directly under the plant. Precise placement of the nutrients is only possible when liquid manure is continuously deposited close to the ground. Our idea: A completely novel cantilever that provides height adjustment and pendulum compensation. And it does this independently for each side arm!
This means you can practically drive through a valley, with an ascending surface to the left and right – the linkage adapts completely to the contour of the ground. The height of the side arm is automatically balanced and, at the same time, it also swings to compensate. Optimal ground hugging is always ensured. The liquid manure is therefore always deposited under the plant. This again emphasizes the image of the BlackBird – precision in a new dimension.
BlackBird prototypes advantages at a glance
- Optimum, continuous ground hugging due to cantilever for optimum height and pendulum compensation
- Flexible management of boom part width sections for several working widths with only one linkage, without protrusion
- Clear optics of the entire linkage, since all cables are integrated in the cantilever