The universal 4-in-1 fluid feeding system
- Mashes a wide variety of biomass to a homogeneous organic suspension
- Separates out heavy material and shreds the solids before the pump unit
- Compact dimensions and easy to link in so its integration is uncomplicated
- Easy to feed several digesters with just one PreMix
- Easy and quick service on site
Click on an icon to know more.
PreMix - the universal 4-in-1 solid matter feeder for cost-effective digester feeding
Mixing a variety of solids with a liquid and mashing it all to form a homogeneous organic suspension suitable for bacteria – that is the PreMix’s strength. This is why the solid matter feeder is just as suited for renewable resources as well as other input materials – whether that means pasty food waste, bulky crops or organic waste.
One decisive advantage of the PreMix is its foreign matter separator and the preparation of the biomass, even before the integrated positive displacement pump: After the biomass has been fed to the solid matter feeder via a screw conveyor, the first step is to separate out the heavy material. Then, coarse particles are crushed and fibrous matter is shredded. Right from the start, this smart concept thus avoids damage from stones, metal parts and other heavy material and ensures that the biomass is properly prepared for the bacteria. One PreMix can supply several digesters. A drive power of 20 to 40 kW is sufficient (depending upon the model) for delivery rates from 30 to over 100 m^3/h.
Owing to its compact design, just a few square meters are enough to set up the PreMix – including space for service and maintenance work. This makes the installation and integration into new systems or the update of existing biogas plants easy, and operators can flexibly make use of the most varied biomass, without having to change the parameters for the solid matter feeder for every change. Combined with a Vogelsang Performance Cut Control (PCU), the solid matter feeder is ready to be automated.
PreMix combines four steps within a compact, space-saving unit. The universal feeder system is a combination of our progressive cavity pump (CC series) with the RotaCut RCX cutter, optionally equipped with the Debris Removal System (DRS). The biomass is introduced into the side of the system through any feed screw. At the same time, a liquid suspension (recirculated material, liquid manure) is added. In a single step, the PreMix turns this into a homogeneous organic suspension and pumps it into the digester. As the biomass is mashed into a homogeneous suspension which can be pumped, multiple digesters can be fed via a pipe network with one PreMix, and additional containers can easily be connected at a later time.
PreMix: Four steps in one unit
Separation, mashing, preparation and pumping – that is what makes the PreMix
- Contrary to many comparable feeder systems, the PreMix separates out heavy material from the input while still upstream of the integrated pump unit, which the Debris Removal System then removes during normal operation.
- The PreMix mixes solid and pasty input materials with a liquid suspension into a homogeneous suspension.
- At the same time, coarse particles and fibrous matter are shredded.
- This means that a well-prepared suspension, free of coarse disruptive matter and foreign matter flows into the pump. This protects the pumping parts and significantly increases the service life of the pump unit.
During the development of the PreMix solid matter feeder, attention was paid to ease of service and maintenance. All necessary work including the replacement of parts subject to wear can be done quickly and easily on site. This keeps interruptions to operation to a minimum.
The innovative pivoting mechanism of the CC series allows maintenance and parts to be replaced on the PreMix pump unit without the need to dismantle parts of the pipes, as is often the case with progressive cavity pumps. The entire stator-rotor unit is simply pivoted upwards or to the side – depending on the local circumstances. The space required and the time for service work is reduced significantly. The cutter is easily accessible due to its generously dimensioned service flap. The cutting blade and cutting screen can be changed in a few simple steps. The proven Quality Cartridge is used to seal both drive shafts. This saves time during a sealing change, avoids installation errors and improves safety.
PreMix / RCX-48G
The small one
The PreMix, based on the RCX-48G, offers efficient solid matter feeding of a wide variety of biomass, adapted to low to very low flows of material. This makes it the right choice for solid matter feeding into many small to medium-sized biogas plants.
- Solid matter feeder for renewable resource systems
- Solid matter feeder for cofermentation systems
- Solid matter feeder for waste systems
Images of products similar.