The system for identification in rail transport applications
- Ready for immediate use, vehicles require no extra equipment
- Reliable thanks to use of video technology
- For high drive-through speeds
- Documentation of additional parameters, such as speed
- Can be combined with additional service systems
Click on an icon to know more.
UICScan - the system to scan and analyze rail vehicles
Vogelsang offers some tools to facilitate data management in the railway sector. UICScan is a system for identification in rail transport applications. If your need is to locate the passenger train cars at any time or to know an overview of vehicles in service and maintenance stations, or in washing bays, the UICScan is your solution. Thanks to its special features and components, the UICScan allows you to plan conveniently, reliably and economically your depot or train station.
The UICScan is easy to install in every vehicle, no extra equipment is needed. Some recorded parameters are vehicle number, data and time, temperatures, speeds, disruptions, etc. and it is compatible with other Vogelsang software as the VEBSys train information, for an extra online and real-time representation of the vehicles.
Vogelsang solutions for applications in the transportation sector
If you want to find out, why we are the number one in supply and disposal solutions in the german railway sector, then have a look at our transportation world.
Recording and evaluation of data with UICScan
Scan and analyze rail vehicles in train station and maintenance areas
You’d like to know where your passenger train cars are currently located? Need an overview of vehicles in service and maintenance stations, or in washing bays? UICScan offers you a reliable and cost-effective option that can be used immediately without any additional preparation of the vehicles.
A specific UIC number is located at the center of each passenger train car. UICScan is capable of detecting these car numbers using an optical system. This uniquely identifies the car driving past and pinpoints its location. UICScan works with a special dual camera for day operations and – since it is equipped with special lighting – it is also reliable for night operation. The system records the numbers on both sides of the vehicle as it drives past.
UICScan can easily be integrated into train station or depot operations. It’s not necessary for the train to reduce its speed in the train station or depot. UICScan reliably records the vehicle number at pass-through speeds of up to 80 km/h.
The UICScan system also includes an axle counter. This combination can also document the speed as well as the vehicle number. UICScan can additionally be connected to the VEBSys train information system from Vogelsang. VEBSys enables online, real-time representation of the vehicles in question.
Typical areas where it is used include train entry and exit points at train stations, as well as service and maintenance stations or washing bays in which third-party cars are concerned and for which the costs must be calculated individually.
To install UICScan, no changes need to be made to the vehicle fleet. A 230V supply with 10A must be provided on-site at locations where the UICScan Tower is to be installed. Sun glare protection in the area where the images are recorded, as well as connection options to additional service equipment whose use is to be documented are also to be taken into consideration.
- Vehicle number (UIC car number)
- Optional: QR code interface
- Customer EVU
- Archive documentation
- Date and time
- Exterior temperature
- Drive-through speed
- Video stream for subsequent processing
Features of the UICScan:
- Output module for the recorded data to enable billing for each car on an individual basis
- Recording of all relevant data for customer-specific billing
- Automatic, optical recording of the UIC car number of every car driving past
- Evaluation takes place immediately after the train has fully passed the unit
- Automatic, optical recording of the applied QR codes in real-time
Axle counter module:
- The axle counter module records the number of axles and the speed of each individual axle
- The axle counter modules integrated in the number recording unit are triggered for use
- Interface for service and maintenance equipment (washing bays) and their documentation systems
- VEBSys online documentation system
UICScan components – UICScan consists of two units with:
- UICScan Tower housing, incl. preparations for integration of QR code scanner
- Computer unit for speed interpretation purposes
- RC44 module(Remote Control)
- Dual-Trigger module unit
- 24V-DC 10A power supply
- Software module to detect the UIC car number
- Software module for triggering
- Software module for axle counter with speed determination for each axle
- Online-UMTS-/HSDPA router
- Interface to train washing bay
- Axle counting with trigger module on the track
- Special dual camera (day/night mode)
- 3 power LED projectors
- 250W frost protection heating
- Concrete installation frame
- Optional: QR code long-range scanner