The universal 4-in-1 solid matter feeder
- Mashes a wide variety of biomass to a homogeneous organic suspension
- Separates out heavy material and shreds the solids before the pump unit
- Compact dimensions and easy to link in so its integration is uncomplicated
- Easy to feed several digesters with just one PreMix
- Easy and quick service on site
Design and function of the solid matter feeder PreMix
The 4-in-1 unit that separates, mashes, prepares and pumps
PreMix combines four steps within a compact, space-saving unit. The universal feeder system is a combination of our progressive cavity pump (CC series) with the RotaCut RCX cutter. Optionally the solid matter feeder can be equipped with the Debris Removal System (DRS) and Debris Lift Unit (DLU). The biomass is introduced into the side of the system through any feed screw. At the same time, liquid (recirculated material, liquid manure) is added. In a single step, the PreMix turns this into a homogeneous organic suspension and pumps it into the digester. As the biomass is mashed into a homogeneous suspension which can be pumped, multiple digesters can be fed via a pipe network with one PreMix, and additional containers can easily be connected at a later time.
PreMix: Four steps in one unit
- Contrary to many comparable feeder systems, the PreMix separates out heavy material from the input while still upstream of the integrated pump unit, which the Debris Removal System then removes during ongoing operation.
- The PreMix mixes solid and pasty input materials with liquid into a homogeneous suspension.
- At the same time, coarse particles and fibrous matter are cutted.
- This means that a well-prepared suspension, free of coarse disruptive matter and foreign matter flows into the pump. This protects the pumping parts and significantly increases the service life of the pump unit.
Service and maintenance of the PreMix solid matter feeder
Easy and quick service on site
During the development of the PreMix solid matter feeder, attention was paid to ease of service and maintenance. All necessary work including the replacement of parts subject to wear can be done quickly and easily on site. This keeps interruptions to operation to a minimum.
The innovative pivoting mechanism of the CC series allows maintenance and parts to be replaced on the PreMix pump unit without the need to dismantle parts of the pipes, as is often the case with progressive cavity pumps. The entire stator-rotor unit is simply pivoted upwards or to the side – depending on the local circumstances. The space required and the time for service work is reduced significantly. The cutter is easily accessible due to its generously dimensioned service flap. The cutting blades and cutting screen can be changed in a few simple steps. The proven Quality Cartridge is used to seal the drive shaft. This saves time during a sealing change, avoids installation errors and improves safety.
Digitalize your product!
Control technology for Vogelsang technology
Investing in our progressive and smart control technology significantly boosts the performance and efficiency of Vogelsang machines and systems. It captures and continuously monitors key parameters like the capacity or throughput rate, rpm, pressure and power consumption. The control detects malfunctions early, and rectifies them by intervening appropriately. The integrated communication interfaces like ProfiNet and OPC UA can exchange data with other systems or a superordinate control in real time.
At the same time, the web-based user interface displays all key data clearly in all major browsers. Optionally, the data can be accessed on mobile devices for remote monitoring.
Our experts’ experience from hundreds of applications in various areas constantly inspires our software development and lays the foundation for the major benefits for the users: low operating costs, maximum availability and efficiency.
Our range of controls offers the right solution for all machine requirements and all customers’ needs. From ready-to-use, factory-tested and commissioned system solutions for end users, to basic versions for experts who want to put the finishing touches to the control technology themselves.